Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Gifts

I hope all of you who are mothers had a blessed Mother's Day.  It has been a wonderful Mother's Day week for me. The celebration started Thursday when we had Muffins with Mom at preschool.  Here are Hannah and I working on a project together.

First Hannah painted my hands and pressed them to the paper.  Then, I painted her hands and pressed them on top of my hand prints.  Below is the finished project.  The note in the middle says, "Happy Mother's Day!  Hand in hand we will be forever together.  You and Me."  The Bible verse on the bottom says, "Her children arise and call her blessed."  (Prov. 31:38)




Hannah decorated the flower pot with her hand prints at preschool and she helped plant the flower for me.  What a happy flower from a happy girl! 


 And here is Hannah holding another hand print that she made for me at preschool. 


Here they are!  Here are the hands who made all of the gifts.  I love those little hands!  Hands that help around the house, hands that create pieces of art, hands for playing ball or making music...   Oh how I love the little girl that owns these hands!  She often takes hold of my hand with hers as we go through our days, and she has taken hold of my heart.  I cannot imagine life without her any more.  I love being her mama and look forward to bringing Andrew home so that I can be his mama too. 


In addition to all of the items above, I also got a "story" that Hannah "wrote" about me. It is so sweet, but I do have to tell you that Hannah won't eat waffles.  It was a fill in the blank and went like this:

This is a story about my Mother. Her name is Lois. She has blond hair and blue eyes. She is medium size tall and weighs 12 pounds. She is 10 years old. One thing she likes to do is cook. She does a lot for me. She cooks my food, and I like the way she cooks hamburger, waffles for me the best! We like to do lots of things together. My favorite thing to do with my Mother is hug her. The thing I love most about my Mother is riding my tricycle with her. Thank you for being my "Special" Mother!


When David went to buy a hanging basket for his mother, he noticed this one Gerber Daisy.  It  looked like it needed a home; so, he brought it to ours.  It is beautiful.  Thank you David and Hannah for all of the lovely gifts!  I love you both to the top!
 
There is one more gift I got, that I will save for another post :) ...

1 comment:

Virginia said...

She is as cute as a button!! I love the sweet handprint art and I got a real giggle out of her special story.

Gin =)